Sunday, March 20, 2011

Here's to You!

My latest project-or, latest finished project. I have a couple layouts I'm working on that I'm a little stumped with.















The inside:









This card was inspired by a couple challenges. The layout is from CPS-Card Sketches #210. I knew I needed to use it as soon as I saw it-I love using my corner rounder, I would use it on every layout if it didn't get old!


















The colors I got from The Play Date Cafe's color challenge #73. I love their color challenges. This one is girly without hurting your eyes or looking like a little girl's closet. Love it!


















I made this card for my best friend Lilly. She was recently diagnosed with Cervical Cancer at the young, childless age of 25. They've caught it early, so her chances of survival or 90%+, however her chances of bearing children will be very, very unlikely. All she's wanted in life is to have a big family like the one she came from, so this is a heartbreaking diagnosis. I'm going to mail this snail-mail and hopefully bring a smile to a day in the near future.
Thank you all for looking, I hope you have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful play on the colors! Beautiful card and I'm sure your friend will love it :) Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Fiona said...

Sweet sweet card Amber! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

The Rusty Hoe said...

Very nice! I'm going to have to check out Play Date Cafe...I've heard so many good things about the challenges there.

Jacqueline said...

cute.
~ Jacqueline
Made by Jacqueline

Lea L. said...

Super cute card!! Great job with this week's CPS sketch!! ♥♥♥

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great combination of challenges! LOVE that little, offset, flower bunch on your center panel! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Great combo of challenges--love how you colored those flowers and the sentiment background! FAB! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!!!

scrappinmammaw said...

What a great card! Your friend is sure to smile when she sees it :)
Im your latest follower :)
Come visit me if you get the chance :)
http://scrappyhappiness.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment