Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ready for Spring

I finally got my pictures in the mail from the camping trip John and I took and I'm working on some layouts. I used a couple challenges to create this one.






















The journalling is all about all the things that went wrong on our camping trip haha. It was still fun, but it was FREEZING, and a super long hike, broken zippers, raccoon thieves, etc.

So, the challenges I used are the By the Numbers Challenge on Scrapbook Challenges. Part of it was 2 printed papers, and the base blue paper her is actually printed, but it didn't show up in the picture :( It's kinda like a sponge painted texture.
The Layout and color inspiration are from Sketchy Thursdays. The challenge was also to use spring colors-I know to most people spring is pastels-pinks, yellows...to me (probably because I live in Seattle) Spring is rain and allergies. But also some pretty flowers :)
And, lastly, the Paper Players have a Spring is Sprung challenge going on. My page is all about wanting Spring and warmer weather already! So I think it counts :)
Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber Rose, your scrapbook page made me smile. I am so with you on being over with winter. Your camping trip sounds as though it was filled with wonderful memories and great stories to impart over dinner with friends. Your layout really lets the focal image and the journaling take center stage. Fabulous!
So glad you shared your creation with the Paper Players
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

Yes, this made me smile too! I would love to hear all the details about this trip! Awesome page and a fun "spring has sprung" submission!

Nance Leedy said...

Great layout to your page and I laughed at your camping woes--what a great pic of you two! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Love the colors and the pattern! Fabulous layout! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Just Julie said...

that is a wonderful picture!!! and really cheery colors/piece!

Diana Fisher said...

I love that picture for your region's perception of spring. Such a great page!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this! I love love love that photo with that title and loving the buttons! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Post a Comment